Thursday, July 14, 2011

Why Christmas Villages

Someone asked me once, "Why are you so interested in designing and displaying Christmas Villages for others to see?" My answer to the question wasn't preplanned, scripted, or sugar-coated.  It was one of passion and of shear love for the history of our country and its beginnings.  There is a reason why I choose to depict scenes from out country's earliest days in my village displays.  I was the kid in school who loved reading about American history.  I wished we had spent more time though on the pioneering and Colonial periods.  That could be the essence of what pushes me to a sense of realism in my village displays, and depicting true to period decor and dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please enter any comments you have. We love hearing from our fans.